Monday, October 10, 2005

Dungeon Crawl Classics

It's been a long time since I've felt like buying an RPG scenario - I long ago turned to writing my own for my players - but browsing over to Goodman Games yielded what looks like a fantastic line of products: Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Modeled after the old TSR AD&D scenarios like Palace of the Silver Princess and The Secret of Bone Hill, these "modules" really appear to serve up a dose of old school AD&D action, but with the benefit of modern rules. Heck, they even got Erol Otis to do the cover of one:
The Mysterious Tower cover
Frankly, I never cared much for Erol Otis' grotesque, cartoony style, but I sure associate it with a lot of good times, so it's right on for the nostalgia value. Complete with player handouts, retro artwork, and a raw dungeon crawling aesthetic, these modules look like they might do a good job at sticking the dungeon crawl fun back into fantasy gaming.

No comments: