Byron and I, and a few other people, have been working on the script for this year's Madame Sarita's Spirit Parlour black light puppet show. After a fair amount of going back and forth, tonight we finally produced a final draft candidate of the show which we will be recording tomorrow so that Matt can get started animating and programming the show controller software.
Just to save time and sanity, it's pretty close to last year's show, but it's definitely a sequel. We re-tell the unpleasant story of Marius Blackwood and Sarah Beaumont, this time a little shorter and a little better, and then we get in some actual witch-on-warlock bust-a-magic-missile action, something we had hoped for last year, but didn't get around to doing.
The other thing we did tonight was block out the action and decide on how we're going to build the stage this year. We're going for a bigger and better stage with more decor, and the special effects we've got planned are going to require a bit of black light magic to pull off, but we didn't come up with anything that isn't eminently do-able. Especially since my wife has given me permission to put holes in the ceiling of the garage to hang stuff from, instead of the flimsy PVC frame we had last year. Of particular importance for this is the fact that there will be themeing around the visitors 360 degrees - the entire stage and seating area are going to be decorated with either the detailed stage contents from last year, the black plastic for the black light stage, or some scene setters to go around the rest of the area. It's going to look awesome.
We also painted more of the mausoleum facade tonight - mainly the crypt doors and some more interior painting.
Halloween is only a few days away, and there's a lot to do, but I'm starting to get excited about seeing it all come together.