Saturday, March 18, 2006

Multiple Cameras in Shockwave3D

Sometimes, you have to deal with vastly different scales in your Shockwave3D projects, such as when making space scenes that have to display objects from tiny spaceships to planets to solar systems.
In these cases, using multiple cameras can come in handy by giving you great control over your hither and yon values. Multiple cameras can also assist with making skyboxes and heads-up displays.

I've been researching this topic for a while, and I decided to pull it all together into an article about multiple cameras in Shockwave3D. The article has a fair amount of detail on the use of multiple cameras, and comes with some sample code to use in your own projects.

This will hopefully be the first in a series of articles wherein I am going to try to document more of what I find out about developing for Shockwave3D as I build personal and work-related Shockwave3D worlds.

No comments: