- Before I Kill You, Mister Bond
- This easy and quick Cheapass game has a great premise: You're a villain building an evil base to lure secret agents to kill. When you capture a secret agent, you can just kill him for the listed number of points, or you can taunt the secret agent for huge multipliers to the agent's value, but by doing so, you risk the secret agent escaping and blowing up your base. Very clever, very fun, and a nice game mechanic.
- I was really impressed by this game. There's twelve nobles lined up to get their heads chopped off, and players take turns beheading the first noble in line. Each noble is worth different points - Marie Antoinette is worth lots, while martyrs are worth negative points. Then, you play cards to shuffle nobles around in line or do other fun things. Another simple mechanic which makes for a good game.
- Chez Geek and Munchkin Bites
- These two games are pretty similar. Play cards that give you advantages and points, and the first person to reach their point goal wins. Chez Geek was fun, but Munchkin Bites was really slow for the first round through the deck. It finally started picking up near the end, but by then, we were weary of the game.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
My friend Kurt is hosting a marathon gaming weekend this weekend, and it's been pretty fun so far. Here are some games we played, and what I thought about them:
Posted 9:24 AM