Thursday, February 02, 2006

Luthien model

Trying to bone up on my low-poly modeling skills, I made a low-polygon model of Luthien, a central character from my console-style RPG Sacraments. I'm pretty happy with how she turned out - much better than any of my other low-polygon models to date. (We'll see if she holds up when I rig her.)
Luthien model
(See larger versions here, here, and here.)

I've been tinkering with the idea of making a sequel/remake of Sacraments in 3D. It's starting to look easier than I thought it would be, although it will require a fair amount of artwork to get it done. This character took me pretty much all night, and I haven't rigged her or animated her yet, so we're looking at two nights for a fully rigged and animated model, probably. However, most of my art assets wouldn't need to be as detailed as this and wouldn't need to be animated, so it might be fairly practical.

No comments: