Sunday, December 04, 2005

Braggin' on my kid

Okay, I think I've done a pretty good job of not being a typical dad on my blog and bragging on how awesome my son is, but I just have to say that I have the best kid ever. Every day, he surprises us with a new learned word, a new behavior, or a new thing that sets him a-giggling. He finally has waving people bye-bye down, and he's learned a small vocabulary of baby sign language so that he now says "Please" and "Thank you" for the things you give him. And he's learned how to roll the ball back and forth with Daddy, which is pretty fun. It's good to see the world through the young, eager eyes of a child again.

Things have been pretty stressful at work lately, due to some uncertainties and changes that are coming down the pipe. But it's amazing how fast he can make you forget all that by doing his impression of a lizard. What a cool kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know... i agree. you DO have the awesomest kid ever. what a stud. :)

CC said...

Yeah, I've got pretty awesome nieces and nephews, too.