Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Death in the Family first success!

Today was the first time I've playtested my card game about the horrible, infighting Bloodmere clan, A Death in the Family, where the gameplay actually worked and the game mechanics started clicking. Woo-hoo! I knew there was a good game in there somewhere. Unlike previous games, this one clocked in at just about an hour, and it would have been shorter if we hadn't had terrible luck with the murder rolls. I think I've finally got the right mix of game mechanics, action card distribution, and rules that can make this game a winner (after, what, a year and a half of playtesting? - heh).

We also played Sex Farce today, and, as usual, the gameplay really clicked. Especially for my buddy Byron who pulled off two or three brilliant moves that netted him a whopping 125 or so points, compared to the rest of us who hovered around 50.

I have a few tweaks to make to each game based on peoples' suggestions which should make the games even better. Slowly, these games are evolving into two really fun little games. Maybe soon they'll be ready to publish...

No comments: