Friday, April 27, 2007

Want some Bhut Jolokia?

Bhut Jolokia
The NMSU Chile Pepper Institute is going to be selling the world's hottest chile pepper, the Bhut Jolokia, at their Annual Spring Plant Sale starting on Monday at 9:30am in Gerald Thomas Hall room 265 on NMSU's Las Cruces campus. It costs $5 per plant. (For more information on the world's hottest chile, see Saga Jolokia - Searching for the new "World's Hottest Chile".)

In addition to the Bhut Jolokia, they will be selling all sorts of other chiles for $2.50 a plant, along with varieties of tomato and cilantro. So come out and support the Chile Pepper Institute and get some delicious salsa fixin's, too!

(For my Las Cruces friends, if you want me to pick up some plants for you, just drop me a line. Otherwise, for more information, call 505-646-3028.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do I even want to try this pepper! Isn't 200,000 scoville units of the Habanero enough to make me cry, wheeze, choke and hardly able to breath! At over 1,000,000 scoville units this thing probably could peel paint! Why not dry this stuff and drop this on our 'enemies' (different topic).
Actually, I make my own pepper sauce and powder - this would be a killer additive!