Thursday, August 03, 2006

Spreading the Horror

Ever since I picked up Arkham Horror, it's been spreading like a nameless, sanity-blasting spawn of an otherworldly eldritch fungus. At this count, I figure I'm responsible for at least three other purchases of the game. (And I've bought two copies of the Curse of the Dark Pharaoh expansion, one for myself, and one for my buddy Rich.)

This game is a lot of fun, and the production values are really high. I've been very impressed by the games from Fantasy Flight Games so far - I've also played the excellent RuneBound game, which had equally high production values. But are they good enough? As a result of playing Arkham Horror and RuneBound, I was thinking of picking up Descent: Journeys in the Dark, until I saw the pricetag: $80 ($65 street). It's just too steep for my blood.

No comments: