Friday, February 10, 2006

Town addition

Tonight I added another town tile - a house. It's a two-story plaster-covered house framed out in wood. Here's a shot of it in-game:
Shot of new house
Kinda boring from an architectural standpoint - just a box, with some added details, really - but once I get other architecture into the town, I'm sure it will look fine. I'm trying to err on the side of too little geometry and too simple collision detection. If I start getting the town fleshed out and still seem to have plenty of CPU power left, then I might get more complex tiles.

I'm going to try to set aside some time every day to build 3D assets for Sacraments 3D. My idea is to just produce one simple 3D asset or half a complex 3D asset per night, and then put it away, so I don't get burned out - sticking to a regimen really helped with the production of the original Sacraments game.

No comments: